Saturday, September 26, 2009

True Loyalty

Dear God,

What is your plan for today? I'm still quite tired, a decreased appetite, chilled to the bone and a mind that is processing physical ailments. It was great to talk with Carol last night. We were like two giddy school girls who missed each other very much and were able to tell each other so. She's right - after all the work we've done together it's natural we'd become attached in a healthy way. Now it's up to me to do some paperwork and schedule a two hour session so we can catch up and see what you have planned next.

The sound of her voice was soothing. The laughter in her voice was childlike. The excitement in both our voices was probably uncommon for a therapist and a client but we don't care. We know you brought us together and placed a special bond of love and respect between us. One we've learned to accept and honor. What a gift we are to each other.

I could fall asleep right now. Maybe I'll rest. My body seems to need a lot of it. Even as I sit and type, my eyes close and drift away to the safe place on Carol's couch with her reading scripture to me as my eyes are closed and my anxiety slowly fades away...

Thank you for the gift of her faithful and loyal friendship. We know we break some of the rules but we also know you are the author of our relationship. And in that, we put our full trust.

Love Amy