Thursday, September 3, 2009

Confess to God any Sin

Dear God,

When you gave me a high IQ I wonder why I wasn't given the gift of mercy or patience for other people's "less than." I feel superior most of the time because I can figure things out in a logical structured way that works 99% of the time. But the people you surround me with are the opposite. They are simple folk, simple thinkers, sometimes they're embarrassed because I'm so smart and they compare themselves to me. I try to dumb down but it's so very hard because I like being smart.

But then there are times it hurts people. Sometimes, the absolute truth doesn't need to be told or at least not by me. I begin to resent them because they don't appreciate my gift. In fact, they make fun of it so I become bitter and use my gift to outwit their stupidity. Then I am superior once again and they can't touch me because I've smartly built an impenetrable wall around me. And then I cannot be defeated or found.

People the below applies to: Stephanie, Robin, Sheryl, Catherine, Jane, Gaye, Anita

I resent people who use others to make their decisions for them.
I resent people who lie about their use of alcohol and pot.
I am bitter toward people who make others beg for forgiveness in order to have their friendship reestablished.
I am bitter toward those who have pets and don't take proper care of them.
I resent people who complain all the time.
I resent people who can't make up their minds whether to stay or whether to go.
I am bitter toward people who use you for your things.
I am bitter toward people who verbally abuse their teenage daughter.
I resent people who form an opinion of someone they've never met.
I resent people who form an opinion based on one side of the story.
I resent people who judge others outright based on their mental stability.
I resent people who judge others when doctors are in charge of that person.
I pity people who think they know better than the person who is experiencing the trauma.
I pity people who have to lie and deceive in order to get their way.

I confess I am not perfect. I confess I am guilty of some of the above. I ask for the forgiveness of Jesus Christ who died on the cross to wipe away my sinful behavior and in that blood has washed me white as snow.

Please help me release these feelings Lord so I can one day look at Stephanie and not want to puke but meet her eyes, say hello and keep on walking in your freedom. And may she one day be set free from her confessions as well. I pray the best for her even though she hurt me deeply and scarred my heart.

Love Amy



Lyrics:

"THERE WILL COME A DAY"

It's not easy trying to understand
How the world can be so cold, stealing the souls of man
Cloudy skies rain down on all your dreams
You wrestle with the fear and doubt
Sometimes it's hard but you gotta believe

Chorus:
There's a better place, where our Father waits
And every tear He'll wipe away
The darkness will be gone, the weak shall be strong
Hold on to your faith
There will come a day
There will come a day
There will come a day

Wars are raging, lives are scattered
Innocence is lost, and hopes are shattered
The old are forgotten, the children are forsaken
In this world we're living in
Is there anything sacred?

(Chorus)

The song will ring out, down those golden streets
The voices of earth with the angels will sing (hallelujah)
Every knee will bow, sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace
Every knee will bow, sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace
There will come a day, there will come a day (2x)
Oooh there will come a day
Oooh there will come a day
I know there's coming a day, coming a day