Monday, September 21, 2009

Psalm 25:4-5

Dear God,

This is the second day I've felt really good. The worship service yesterday had me in tears. So much so I thought I was going to release years of pent up shame, pain, bitterness and resentment all at once. I give you praise for helping me recognize those separate feelings instead of blubbering one big ball of mess.

Then the song....the one I've never heard but resounded in my heart the prayers I've been sharing with you privately the last week. It's found in Psalm 25:4-5:

"Show me the path where I should walk,
O LORD;
point out the right road for me to follow.

Teach me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you."


I cried again knowing you've heard my prayers and will answer them according to your plan and purpose for my life. I have to be patient and not jump the gun at what looks good in front of me at the moment. It's a weakness I've had for a very long time. It often gets me into trouble relationally. I've had enough of that for now.

So Lord? Thank you for supplying the resources to purchase the DVD. I will spend more time watching it for two reasons: The worship, as a reminder that you hear my every prayer and are in the process of setting up the right church, position and time commitment where I can use my gifts and two, for the reminder that my sexuality is a gift from you.

I love you, Father. My eyes are fixed on yours. What beautiful eyes you have. I wish I could look at them all the days of my life.

Your daughter,
Amy Kathleen

Here's the worship song. Click on the box in the lower right that looks like a flag. It will expand the video to a full screen view so you can see what Aaron is drawing. Press your escape key at the end to return to the blog: