Friday, June 26, 2009

Can't Get Into Your Blog

Dear Family and Friends,

I turned my blog off for a few days so I could get out of my head what's been causing me to cut so much. It was for my protection.

On Tuesday the 25th I met with my psychiatrist. We discussed changing all but one of my meds. I've been suicidal, hanging on until I could see her. I'm taking the meds I had been taking before my insurance ran out when everything had to be changed. It sent me into a state of oblivion (no joke here) where getting through the day became more difficult.

I chose not to hospitalize myself. I wasn't going to argue with a psych who didn't know the plan we had ready to go. Bad decision? Maybe but I think it was the best decision at the time.

All that to say I'm transitioning off the bad meds and onto the good ones. I feel more confident walking forward having survived what I survived.

No drama.
Life in life's terms.

Thanks-
Amy