Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ask for God's Perspective

Dear God,

I ask for your perspective on myself, Jill and the situation. Speak now Lord for your servant is listening...

Dear Amy,

You have been hurting for a long time at the loss of Jill, much like the grief of a death. I understand how you are feeling and want to give you some insight.

You were not well for several months this summer. The seizures and medications you were on caused you to react to situations in ways the people around you didn't understand. Since your contact with people was so small, there were few who understood and supported you through email. But those walking with you daily were overcome by your inability to cope and multiple hospitalizations.

I put a sparkle, a kindling, a flame in your hearts when you first met Jill. Her heart was so tender toward you. She had hopes of being able to help you with your sexual abuse recovery under the guidance of Celebrate Recovery and her own healing process. You had hopes of having a new friend, someone who was on the other side to guide you and comfort you as the last 10% was finished.

Do you remember all that was going on in Jill's life? Marissa, her sister, the two friends who abandoned her that hurt deeply for Jill, her Mom, some of the things she talked to you about and trusted in you? She was not prepared (no one was) for what was going to happen a few months later. She gave you one of her most precious items, the purple cross she wore during her time of healing. When you returned it to her without an explanation, she didn't understand and was hurt. She was hurt with the "lies" and doesn't understand who you are or what you're like today. She doesn't want to know.

The situation as it stands today saddens me. Yes, codependency played a role in both your actions and your reactions to Jill just like her codependency played a role in her actions and reactions to you. But is that a good enough reason to pour water on the flame I lit between you? Both of you have been given free will and so far all you've done is hurt one another. I know you apologized Amy but what you did in action needs to be apologized for in person.

My prayer for both of you is that as you seek to know my will, purpose and direction for your lives, you'll follow it. I want you at Long Grove. Please pray for you and Jill to find a way to mend your relationship. You're right by starting with acceptance for where the two of you are but someone has to make the first move by using the voice I've given each of you. Will it be you? Will it be Jill?

That's all I have to say, Amy. I love you and I love Jill. You are my daughters. You are sisters in my Son's name. Sisters fight and when they truly love one another, sisters talk and forgive one another.

Love God


Thank you, Lord. I shall ponder these things in my heart.
Love Amy