Saturday, October 24, 2009

Admit Your Emotions - 3

When someone sends you an email
That ends a relationship you shared
Do you think it's an appropriate form of communication
Or does it make you mad?

I feel it's the poorest of communications and it makes me feel mad.

I received one the end of July
With an "explanation" of sorts
Citing the reasons why
I had fallen short.

The ending was, "Do not contact me,
I will not respond."
From a Christian sister
Who supposedly follows God.

This email has bothered me,
Let's just say,
I'd rather she'd sat across from me
and talked to me one day.

I'm sure she has her reasons
As most of us do
To not confront issues
Out of fear or codependency, too.

So I admit I am hurt
I feel sad inside.
For I've already apologized
But she's made up her mind.

Where does it stand,
This two sided gap?
In the hands of God
Who will guide each step.

So I pray for her spirit
And I pray for mine, too.
That God's will be done
and I let go of expecting her to....

Respond, accept my apology, forgive me, talk this out, not re-establish a friendship but clear the air, tell me what I did that was so terrible or to care.

That's the first step. Admitting I'm powerless over her choices and not letting my life become unmanageable because of them. To live in the freedom Christ died for me to have. To work on my own issues, my own inventory, my own side of the street. To know I've done all I can to make it right. I can't control her or her behavior. If she doesn't want to make it right, then let her go and pray for her to have all the good things I have. Pray the resentment prayer so I don't get hooked into Satan's snare. Grieve the loss and move on.