Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ask for Healing

Dear God,

You already know the condition of my heart. You already know the condition of my mind. You already know the condition of my will. You already know the condition of my soul.

You've been with me in therapy with Carol. You've been with me as I sob tears of grief and loss. You've been with me as I accept what I cannot change. You've been with me in my aloneness.

You've directed my path to the book of Hosea. You've directed my path to Victory Over The Darkness. You've directed my path to He Is. You've directed my path to rest well.

You know the dreams I've been experiencing. You know the pseudo seizures have returned with intensity and longevity. You know I'm afraid to be around groups of people. You know I'm afraid of the meeting on the 23rd.

You know my heart. You know my mind. You know the condition of my physical limitations. You know the chemicals in my brain are fuzzy at best.

I know you love me. I know you are teaching me more about who you are and who you are not. I know you are sending words of wisdom from mature women in Christ. I know you are in control of my life and have goals preset that will be achieved.

As hard as this season is, I pray for you to heal my former friends. I pray for you to heal my heart from those hurts. I pray for you to heal the hearts of the ones who are helping me through this. I pray for you to heal and comfort those who are diagnosed with cancer and dying from cancer. I pray for their families, friends and caretakers. So much disease, so much death - my friends hearts are aching.

You alone are the one I praise. You alone are the one I fully trust. You alone are the one who can heal me emotionally. You alone know all of the broken pieces and hold them in your tender hands of mercy and grace.

Please heal me emotionally. No matter how hard it gets, please grant me the courage to walk in your direction, talk to your people and hold my pillow while I rock myself in a fetal position. Remind me that you have me in your hands and you will never drop me.

Love and adoration for the Most High God,
Amy Kathleen